Total Pageviews

Tuesday 23 November 2010

Lanvin Day @ H&M







Well, I tried to be civilised...got up nice and early to log on to buy my selection online, but of course the site started crashing at bang on 7am (it was like Madonna Ticket buying all over again)
So there was nothing for it that to sharpen my elbows and head into the scrum....
I got there for about 8.30, and very wisely H&M actually allocated wristbands for each customer to have a ten minute shopping slot (having been witness to a baby being knocked out of its pram at the Stella McCartney sale - mother oblivious until someone held up the poor infant and enquired who's baby it was, this was a very wise move)
10.20 was my allocated time (queue slight panic that the shoes, sunglasses, dress and blouse I had been coverting would be long gone)I headed to Starbucks for a Latte and to see what was going down at the other stores
There were people with sleeping bags outside the flagships at Oxford Circus & Regent St, who had actually camped out all night- personally, I think this is a push to far, no dress is worth the risk of the diseases I'm sure you would pick up off those filthy streets, plus its November....
By this time I had a list of things from my girls to get for them as well....
Headed back to my chosen store, where I was by now almost on first name terms with the manager and half the staff (this did not help bump me up the queue, unfortunately)

Come 10am and I had spied exactly where on the rails I needed to be - and achieved my entire list, apart from the sunglasses and shoes (which in truth may be a blessing)
If I bring one more pair of shoes into the flat, I fear my boyfriend will be out of the other door - I have become the Oskar Schindler of accessories, smuggling them in under nightfall, he does get a bit suspicious as to how many things he 'just hasn't seen before' but as long as I can confine the addiction to my allotted areas I think I can get away with it.... (said areas being Muji boxes stacked right up to our Victorian ceiling..)
He is very kindly buying me the dress for Christmas (but I don't think I can wait that long to wear it)
Came home and treat myself to some ASOS wedges to go with the dress (oops!) 


Here are some scenes from the day...I'm always suspect about these people with masses of bags, I'm convinced 60% of thats gonna turn up on Ebay (they did limit it to one size per style though, which was another good idea)

No comments:

Post a Comment